Sunday, March 2, 2008

Nome - day 3




Well, here I am. Not quite up to the Arctic circle, but definitely the coldest place I have ever been to. Next week I will be flying to Kotzebue which technically is inside the Arctic circle, 13 miles above in fact. I miss the weather and the snowboarding in Tahoe, but I feel much happier being able to spend time with my parents, sister, and of course, my dog Kenai (that's him) Can't wait for the Iditarod, and I'm also excited to start work. Nervous, but I think I'm ready to do real paramedic stuff, haha. This is the ER where the ground ambulance takes the drunks so they don't die of hypothermia. The picture of the airport is NOT the one I flew into... although it isn't much bigger. Everyone that works for the air ambulance is desperate for some time off, so pretty soon I think I will go from resident couch potato and horrible reality tv-watcher to actual workaholic. Scary, I know.

No comments: