Sunday, March 2, 2008

Alyeska

I have been wanting to post all my photos of our Christmas in Alaska, so now I finally have a place to do it. We spent a whole week in a condo in Alyeska, and managed to get new powder every day we were there. It was definitely some of the best days riding I've ever had. Huge runs, no lines, and the whole Burke crew. It was also fun night riding under stadium lights. Of course, "night riding" starts at about 3pm when the sun sets. A friend of my dad's has worked ski patrol there forever, so we got hooked up with free passes for the duration of our break. Kyle hadn't been riding in 3 seasons or so, but of course it took him about two runs to start kicking my ass. Even cartwheeling down a run in neck-deep powder was fun with Kyle and my dad. (Ok, only did that once or twice) Kimberly started riding a season or two ago, but has never had a pass. Even though she hasn't been that much she rocked...even my mom went skiing and she has always been the more x-country type. Here's some pictures now...

No comments: